The Barracuda carbon shafts are carbon shafts that combine both the requirements of:
- shooters with heavier draw weights for a medium to heavy but ultra-thin carbon shaft
- shooters with light draw weights for very soft spine values with a low total arrow weight
The Barracuda carbon shafts are available in ten different spine values from 300 to 1800. So everyone will find the right arrow for their bow, draw weight and draw length.
The shafts are extremely thin with an outer diameter of 5-6.5 mm, depending on the spine value, and even slightly thinner than, for example, Penthalon Slim Line shafts. However, this gives them the advantage of a relatively thick wall, which massively increases their stability!
Because of the small inner diameter, no push-in nocks and no inserts/screw tips are used with the Barracuda shafts. The Barracudas are shot with pin nocks, which are placed on the factory-installed pin bushings and are fitted with adhesive tips.
For the ten different spine values, there are three different adhesive break-off tips specially designed for the 3D area:
- 300 and 400 shafts - break-off tip with a weight of 125 / 145 / 175 g
- 500, 600 and 700 - break-off tip with a weight of 100 / 125 / 145 g
- 800, 1000, 1300, 1600 and 1800 - break-off tip with a weight of 35 / 50 / 75 / 100 g.
Small pin nocks are available in the colors white, black, yellow, orange, as well as in the transparent colors red and orange.
|available spine values||300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 1000, 1300, 1600, 1800|
|Shaft length:||32 inches / 81.28 cm|
|Weight Tolerance:||+/- 3.0 gr.|
|Spine Value Tolerance:||+/- 20|
|inner diameter:||.165 inches|
|shaft||spine value||Weight (GPI)||recommended protector ring|
|Barracuda 300||300||11.7 gpi||6.60mm|
|Barracuda 400||400||9.3 gpi||6.15mm|
|Barracuda 600||600||7.6 gpi||5.90mm|
|Barracuda 700||700||6.3 gpi||5.75mm|
|Barracuda 1300||1300||4.2 gpi||5.30mm|